Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bob Hoover VW bug HVX

I read on his blog an entry from his wife that he lost his battle with cancer. Althoe I only knew him from e-mail exchanges and reading all of his posts on line that I could find, I will miss him. He in my mind, was a great man, and I am thankful for his teachings on VW engines, VW's, and mechanics in general. He introduced me to so much in a way that I could understand that, after more research into the new topics that he spoke of, I stopped my engine build and redesigned it based on what he taught. His HVX Mods were eye opening, as I had two VW bug engines die from overheating. I am better for having known him. I'm shure that I'm not the only one who has learned from him or who's life he has touched. My favorite story of his is the christ-mass engine. I never knew what a lube job was really supposed to be until his artical about lubing the bus. I am 41 and had never saw a correct lube job even-thoe I watched the mechanic add grease and call it a lube job. Thanks Mrs Hoover for sharing your husband with us.
Buglover34465

No comments:

Post a Comment